Applications Due: NOV 30, 2023
2023 Christmas Parade Procedures
1. Line-up begins at 3:30PM and ends at 4:15PM
2. Parade begins at 4:30PM on the corner of Capon/King Streets
3. Please enter onto Ash Street to continue to your designated stage
4. Volunteers will be wearing purple Santa hats and reflective vests
5. All entries must be decorated with a holiday theme
6. State law prohibits anything being thrown from any parade entry (Promotional materials, candy, flyers, etc. must only be handed out)
7. Participants are responsible for their own litter and animal droppings.
8. Open fires or flames are not permitted by order of the Fire Marshal.
9. Exhibitions of speed, reckless driving, ‘wheelies’, etc. are prohibited
10. Please refrain from including a Santa in your entry
11. Entries are required to display the business or organization name
12. An adult must be present with children on floats or walking units.
13. Units are required to continue moving and maintain the flow of the parade
14. All parade entries must remain in parade route until the intersection of King/Massanutten
15. Alcohol and smoking are prohibited on any parade entry.
16. The parade is a family-friendly event for all ages. All costumes, outfits, behavior, attitude, language, and dance moves must be appropriate for a young audience.
17. This event is rain or shine! If interstate traffic is forced to interfere with the parade route, then the parade route will be shifted to Queen Street. Line-up will remain the same.
18. Consideration for participation in future Christmas parades will be based on your compliance with parade procedures.
Please contact Strasburg Business Alliance Parade Chairman, Marty White, at email@example.com or 540.459.2542